Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Two Things Happened

 Not much has happpened since the new year, but two very important things did happen that I want documented here in the blog.

First off, my 7 year old lost another tooth. This time it was his top front tooth which made him look toothless, the quintessential look of a grade schooler finally growing up. 

Every kids goes through the toothless look with their two front teeth missing and that was a momentous event for me. Being my very last child, I would never again see a kid without their front teeth so I had to mark the occasion. The tooth fairy did not disappoint and left a nice and hefty surprise under my son's pillow. 


The other really important occasion I wanted to recognize was hubby's birthday. Hubby's birthday falls right at the beginning of the year, the first week of January. 

This time we were not at the beach to mark this special moment in time. However, we still wanted hubby to feel special so we celebrated the day with his favorite food, pizza. The following day, I bought him a cake. It was a simple celebration, if it could even be called that. But hubby was happy to be home with his family so that is all that mattered.

No comments: