Monday, September 6, 2010

Costa Rican Mother's Day

Lucky me: I get to celebrate TWO Mother's Days. The one I grew up celebrating in May and Costa Rica's Mother's Day in August.

Although in CR my mother's day celebration in May is pretty subdued and only acknowledged by my kids and Hubby, the Costa Rican mother's day is a HUGE event.

So I followed suit. For Mother's Day August 15, I was able to have THREE celebrations. Two thrown by Princess and Fatty's playgroup class and then a nice little lunch I made for my friend D and I to celebrate our day with our kids.



The gifts from Princess's playgroup. A nice poem, chocolate bugs, personalized refrigerator magnets and a surprise: a nice sewing pin cushion made by a mom.



Enjoying our feast: fruit salad, ice cream, mini sandwiches and sweet appetizer 'empanadas'.






Yummy!








My gift from Fatty's playgroup class.








A simple brunch style feast of 4 decent sized 'bocadillos': appetizer sized pastries filled with sweet and savory fillings.










Mother's Day!

Me and my 3 little gremlins!


Hubby joins the fun



My first baby! Cuddled up with his mommy.



Me and more gifts. Boobie's gift: a nice stylish 'green' shopping bag (use less plastic). The card that was made by a mom in Princess's playgroup class. And the nicest surprise of all: the wooden pencil holder given to me by father in law. Well, he gave it to the kids to give to me on Mother's Day. It was a great celebration over all. I had a blast!












No comments: