Thursday, September 9, 2010

No Plans

Only one week to Fatty's birthday and I still have nothing planned. Can that be right? The planner, who usually starts planning parties months, even a year in advance, has absolutely nothing planned for her little boy's upcoming second birthday? Yeah, shocking I know.

I had grand plans, I truly did. But now I am not so sure about those plans. Money is a bit tight right now and I just don't know how the next week will go. Plus I really want to have a party for my birthday as well and two parties will have to take some careful budgeting on my part.

However, I still will do something. Just not sure what as I am now undecided.

In the beginning, I had planned on having Fatty's party at Inbio Parque, the botanical gardens in Heredia, San Jose. I still figure I can swing that but not sure when as his birthday is fast approaching and reserving party spots usually need to be done a month in advance.

I am also thinking of having a simple party at home... simple as in, well, as simple as an at home party can be. And if I do the Mikey theme, I already have ideas of what I can do to save money. Plus aren't home parties fun? On a smaller scale, I could get away with saving a TON of money.

Another idea is having it at the park... although it would have to be early due to rain. That idea I am tossing around in my head.

Of course there is the issue of a small celebration on his actual birthday. I'm thinking cupcakes, a few small gifts, pizza. Similar to Princess's little celebration back in April.

But I need to get on the ball and start planning something quick. Off to start planning...

No comments: