Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wedding Fever!

Saving money is what I am all about when it comes to anything but especially for this wedding, I am saving money all over the place with great steals, deals and bargains. Now I might be a little obsessed with this wedding (of course I am, it's MY wedding), but what I am more obsessed with is saving as much as I can while getting the most I can.

My ceremony shoes.  Yes, I wanted to wear flats.  What I really wanted though were sparkly, glittery BLUE ballet flats.  What I got: silver ones instead.  Why?  Because Costa Rica does not have any glittery blue ones anywhere in the entire San Jose area (I just about checked every store I could).  Who knew it would be this hard to find shoes. Anyway, when I found these, I just had to buy them because the price was just too good to pass up.  Next step: buy blue glitter and glitter the blue into my shoes.

Flower girl dresses are super pricey.  Having a mother in law who knows how to sew is priceless.  She saved me $30-$80 bucks by making this dress for my Princess.

Favor Boxes from Oriental Trading Company are a great option for affordable favors.  The boxes themselves are cheap and shipping is pretty good too.  However, shipping to my mailbox proved not as budget as I had hoped.  However, it is still the cheaper option: favor boxes here in Costa Rica are much more expensive, so I still save.

Why buy ready made unity candles when I can make them myself?  Good question and here is the answer: candles I bought at a local flower shop, some decorative ribbon and string from a pharmacy, and voila! Unity candle (personalized label from Vistaprint are free for 140, just pay shipping.  The iron candle holder is mine (a gift from ages ago.)

Like my own, Princess's ceremony shoes proved difficult to find.  I wanted her shoes to match mine. however, not having any luck led me to settle for these darling silver flat sandals. At least her shoes will match the silver flats the bridesmaids are wearing.  If by chance I can find her blue ballet flats, I will have her wear the sandals to the reception.

And just for fun, what my shoes look like ON my feet.  Pretty comfy I must say and I am liking the peep toe aspect.

No comments: