Sunday, August 25, 2013

What's Been Happening

Just to give a quick update on what's been happening recently with my pregnancy.  I am reaching the final days and baby is pretty much ready.  I've been having sporadic contractions which aren't too painful (well, the other night I had some really painful ones that left me in a panic as I thought that was it...but it wasn't thankfully).  I've been getting things together and finally finished the baby's room.  We've been shopping, trying to get a few last minute items for baby.

AND, I have been going to the doctor about every week to check my progress.  As of now, I am still anemic and am getting iron shots in the bum (my second round of shots).  My last shot is on Monday.  I've also been taking my pills religiously as I get tested for my blood count more frequently than I would like.  My feet feel weird, as in tingly and they hurt when I walk or stand for too long BUT they have not been swollen as of late.  They are actually back to regular size and I was able to wear one of my regular sandals yesterday to the mall, instead of my house flip flops.

I feel heavy and a lot of daily chores/routines are getting harder to do.  Putting on underwear, walking of course, cleaning.... it all feels like too much.  But the pain in my sciatic is not as bad as it was.  There are days I don't even feel it.  I am currently 38 weeks and 5 days and feeling great, in a manner of speaking.  I had my first REAL dream of the baby last night and actually was able to see him for the first time in my dream.  It was pretty exciting and calmed my nerves a little bit, because now I feel like everything will be alright.

I have been getting my hospital bag ready to grab when the time comes and Hubby and I are trying to prepare mentally for welcoming a newborn in the house once again.  The kids are ready I think and to help them be even more accepting, I bought them a gift from their baby brother: new books for them to enjoy.  My kids LOVE books and it's been a while since we've gotten some new ones; they're going to be pretty excited.

I have a doctor's appointment this upcoming week so I will get the latest update on my iron progress and the baby's progress as well.

No comments: