Monday, August 5, 2013

Iron Infusion Shots

Finally went for my last iron shot today and I cannot say enough how glad I am.  So glad I don't have to go to the clinic and get another shot in the ass.  So glad.  It wasn't all too bad though to be honest.  The first shot was, I guess, the worst in the way of after-effects.  But other than the pinch and some soreness right afterwards with the rest, I have not had much issues at all since then.  The next thing I have to worry about is the urine infection.  I finish taking my anti-biotics tomorrow and then have to go get my pee tested.  My next doctor's appointment is the 12th, where I find out if I can get the all clear and if the infection is indeed, all cleared up.

I am not sure if I will get my blood tested again since, after-all, I am at the end of my pregnancy at this point. Plus, the iron shots plus the iron pills I am taking 2x a day, I think it's safe to say my iron count is up and probably in the safe zone.  The iron shots are supposed to boost my iron count and act as backup with the pills.  It's funny how with every pregnancy comes a different experience.  And a different body.  I hardly recognize myself anymore.  However, just happy to report, feeling good and hoping for the best at the end: a healthy, mostly happy baby boy.

No comments: