Monday, May 9, 2022

Kids lunches

My kids love when I pack their lunches.  I love packing my kids lunches.  It's a win win situation.  I get to control what they eat, while making sure to pack a mixture of healthy and fun treats. I know what my kids like and so I like to cater to their taste buds.  And over the years, I've accidentally made all their classmates jealous, so I must be doing something right.  My kids have the most sought after lunches in their grades and that feels good.  

My mom never packed my lunch, I bought lunch.  Or, as was the case in middle school, I received free school lunch.  I never knew what it was like to bring a homemade lunch to school.  I definitely would not have packed the fun and cool lunch my kids get to to bring to school today.  

It brings me so much joy to get up each morning with a plan of what I want to pack my kids for school that day.  It's fun and it can also be creative. And with it being such a trend now, there are a ton of cool new lunch ideas online to get those creative juices flowing. My middle kids are in high school so who knows how much longer they'll want me to pack their lunch.  For now I'll just enjoy the moment.
 

No comments: