Sunday, July 19, 2026

The Trip Of A Lifetime

 I had been waiting years to take the kids back to Boston and New York to experience the summertime. And after waiting 7 years since our last USA vacation, the time had finally come to take the trip of a lifetime. 

My nephew was getting married in June, so what better time was there to take that vacation I had been dreaming about? The time was now and I was too excited to get to planning. 

First was the wedding but after that was over, I had a plethora of fun family activities and outings planned. 

Our travel day to Boston went smoothly and to plan. 



We had a day to rest and relax in-between our travel day and the wedding, to make sure everything would go according to plan 

The wedding was held at the Sheraton hotel in my old town of Norwood. And it was beautiful! 












After the  wonderfully short but super sweet ceremony,  it was time to mingle and chow down on some amazing cocktail Hour drinks and appetizers 

There was a Charcuterie setup along with passed apps like chicken and waffle skewers, chicken skewers, fish and chips shooters, mini burger sliders and bruschetta. 











When it came time for the actual main meal, I was already pretty full but the food was so delicious,  I had to dig in. Chicken with roasted potatoes and a miso style glazed salmon with veggies and rice made this an unforgettable wedding day menu.






It was a beautiful wedding day. The next day saw us at Dave and Busters for my nephews birthday,  an unplanned but welcome event on my calendar 


The very first Boston activity was the Franklin Park Zoo.













It was a great way to kick off the first leg of our vacation. Next up: New York!





No comments: