Wednesday, July 31, 2013

35 Weeks Along

I had my doctor's appointment on Monday and I was 34 weeks and 6 days.  I am now, 35 weeks and 1 day pregnant and it seems the time is just flying by.  I have roughly 5 weeks left, or little less than one month. However, after 36 weeks, according to my doctor, I can go at any time.  With this baby and the braxton hicks contractions, I fear I may go into labor before I hit 40 weeks.

My pressure is normal, which is a relief since in the beginning I had very low blood pressure.  The baby is also head down and in position and his heat rate is good and strong (he was being a little stubborn though as the position he was in made it hard for the doctor to find his heart beat at first).  I have gained over 6 pounds in just one month, which is such a shock.  I know I eat a lot as I am always hungry and gaining that much weight in pregnancy is not that abnormal for me but it is a lot.  I feel like a beached whale and each day the reality hits that I am not just getting bigger but I fear baby is too (I do not want a big baby).

So that was the good news.  The bad news:  I have an infection in my urine so I am now taking antibiotics for 7 days.  I also have VERY low iron and blood count so I not only have to take stronger iron prenatal pills, I have to go into the clinic every day for 5 days for an iron shot (in the butt).  Yesterday was my first shot and let me just say, it HURTS.  Not the actual shot itself but the after-effects.  I was up with pain in the rectum and bum area at 3:30 this morning.  I expect that with the second shot I got today, the same thing will happen.  The doctor said that is normal, as the iron shot does give off an uncomfortable reaction but with all the pain I already have to deal with, this is just something else I was not expecting.

I guess things could be worse: at least baby A is doing well and thriving.  I am fairly healthy and having a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy.  My belly is measuring 34 weeks, which is good.  And even though I complained about my cankles, doctor said I was not experiencing an abnormal amount of swelling in the feet: as a matter of fact, she said my feet looked fine.  All in all, I look forward to the rest of my pregnancy and hope baby stays in the womb until I am ready (LOL).

No comments: