Friday, April 28, 2023

My Princess Turns Sweet 16

 My oh my, how time flies. I remember the day like it was yesterday.  The day I found out I was having a baby girl. I was over the moon. I was finally going to get my very own, very real, Barbie doll. 

Every girl who dreams of being a mom dreams of one day having a daughter.  And boy did my dreams come true. My princess was just that, a princess who loved to play dress up, who loved her dolls and who was as girly and as prissy as any little girl that ever lived. 

I am so thankful for my daughter.  And because she is my only little girl,  I have appreciated her role so much more in my life. She has taught me so much as a mother, lessons I am still learning to this day. It's been trial and error parenting a daughter as with parenting a son, but being a girl mom just adds another level to my mothering skills. 

As my daughter gets older, it gets harder to let her go. She will always be my little princess and on her 16th birthday,  I just am grateful to call her mine.







So my daughter is definitely my opposite.  She is calm, quiet and very reserved. Instead of a big to do for her birthday, she wanted to celebrate quietly by going to an art gallery. 

Her special day could not have been more her. It was perfectly tailored to her style and personality as she is quite the artist herself.  The day had no fanfare, no excess,  just me and her at our very 1st art gallery experience and then out to dinner at a sushi restaurant. It was perfect. 








Of course, we had to have cake and the princess chose a cheesecake for her special day.








No comments: