Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chili Night

I think I'm going to institute one night a month, at least, as chili night. I LOVE chili! But as much as I love it, it's been ages since I made it, until the other night.

I never made chili here in Costa Rica before until Wednesday night. And then I had only made it a handful of times back in Boston. Now why is that? If I love it so much, why do I make it so seldom?

Well, I was craving chili and I had some ground beef on hand (I planned for it), so I made chili. I put it on the menu and looked on FoodNetwork.com to see the different ways they make their chili, then I went ahead and followed my own little recipe. I added the usual suspects of ingredients of course: onions, garlic, green peppers, chili for spice, some dried herbs, scallions, etc. Then I added my seasoned beef to cook and red beans, water, tomato sauce, etc, etc, etc. I let that bad boy simmer down a little bit and then it was time to chow down.

Boobie, who is a picky eater, said my chili was so good "it should be on Food Network." A direct quote. I was thrilled. I served it with buttered toasts and topped it with a bit of shredded mozzarella cheese. YUM!

I had leftovers and was all too excited about digging into my chili again. It was damn near perfect. Just the right amount of saucy-ness and thickness. It will be perfect for those chilly October nights. Spicy, savory, delicious chili. Perfection in a bowl. Just good comfort food that really does comfort the soul.


Heaven in a bowl!


Yum!


Not too happy... there's no more chili. LOL.


All done and plates clean.

No comments: