Sunday, March 7, 2010

So I Was Pondering...

And pondering and pondering something really unimportant yesterday, as I bought my friend M a birthday gift. Why does eyeshadow compacts come with like 20 shades of different colors but only ONE eyeshadow brush applicator?

case in point: while this has 2 brushes, that is still only 4 sides to work with, compared with the plethora of shades available in this compact.


I told you my 'ponderings' was not something of importance. But seriously. I have wondered that for a while. Why would you give us so many choices of eye color shades, and only about 2 different sides of a brush to use.

If I have 20 shades and about 10 of which I actually love and want to use on a daily basis... you think 2 sides of a brush is enough for me? What do I do when one day I want to use, say brown, then the next day white and still the next day pink, and then the next day I want dark purple on my eyelids; then out of the blue, the next day I want blue? That is not enough brush to use.

Why not pack the compact with at least FOUR brushes... that way I have now 6 sides to work with and I am a happy girl. That way each side is designated a color... and I don't have to go out and buy more brushes, or worst yet, use a shade on top of another shade by using the same side of my brush.

Cosmetic companies, think about it. It's the smart thing to do alright.

And in case I missed it and there are compacts that come with almost as many brushes as shades, then way to go.

2 comments:

Patsy :) said...

Hmmm...I guess I never thought about that!? I hardly ever use the enclosed applicator and instead opt for my fancy eye shadow brush to apply eye shadows. The brush does not retain the color and I can use any color that I want. Then again...I only use the 2 or 3 browns in the compact of 20 colors! Hhaha! Good point Momma...

Rina said...

Yeah... I always wondered that. Weird huh. Now I just use my fingers. Works perfect... no brush needed LOL