Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Sunday

Mother in law and I decided to take the kids out on an excursion today to the Festival Nacional de Gallo Pinto. Mother in law had heard about it on the news and expressed her desire to go with me.

It was a short outing (as mother in law was tired and hot), but a nice outing all the same. The kids had fun, and the whole point of the trip was to gobble up some 'Gallo Pinto', which we did. According to mother in law, they started cooking the beans 10 days before the event and they made enough food for 90,000 people.

There was a huge crowd and a few activities for kids. A nice day all in all.




























On our way back home, we made a pit stop at the Museo de Oro in San Jose. I had NEVER been and had always wanted to go. It cost c500 for entry (for residents) today. Sorry foreigners, that would be almost c5.000 for you. But I think it's worth every penny.

The museum is CLEAN and airy and cool and fancy and nice and fun and... well you get the point. My kids had a blast, not to mention I was so busy taking pictures and getting wrapped up in all the finery, I'm going to need to go back just to get some history in me.

There is so much information, one trip will not do. There is so much to see and learn, it can be a little overwhelming. But everything is orderly and if you follow the order, you can learn everything you need to know about pre-Colombian era. Unfortunately that might take a few hours, and with 2 little ones, we could barely spare the hour or so we were there browsing around... eyes wide, gaping at all the gold.

I cannot wait to go back.













































































No comments: