Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure, Part Uno

Can grocery shopping be a guilty pleasure? I think I am addicted to food shopping then. It is so much fun for me to go to the supermarket and pick up whatever I want, throw it in my cart and not have to worry about price. Lately, I have taken to doing the aisle race again.. shopping at three of my favorite chains... Pricemart, Hipermas and Megasuper supermarkets.

I honestly look forward to grocery shopping every week. I get excited thinking about what I will buy, making my list and then actually buying the stuff (most times I go off the list to get a few luxury items... which is always fun). I get a sense of pleasure when my pantry and fridge are stocked and overloading with a plethora of choices for me and my kids.

I have many guilty pleasures: chocolate (recently the chocolate covered peanuts I buy about once a week and indulge in), shopping (clothes, shoes, toys for the kids), and watching reality TV. But I have to add food shopping to my list of guilty pleasures that I do not really feel all that guilty about.

1 comment:

Patsy :) said...

I love grocery shopping too! And, I love those chocolate covered peanuts sitting at the checkout...staring at me...to buy them! I crack under pressure! Teeheehee!