Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Boobie's 10th Birthday

My little boy is 10... and I was all too happy to oblige him on his very special day with things he wanted to do.

First off, some good news. After spending the whole of last week studying for exams, I am pleased to announce that Boobie got an 89 on his English test (the only exam he got back before Easter break).

I am VERY proud of him. It's not 100, but it's one point from 90 and that is damn good in my book. He deserved a treat... and what better way to treat him than to celebrate his birthday in style.

Since my Boobie wanted to go skating, we went skating. We went with 7 other kids (his 4 cousins and 3 of their cousins, plus Fatty and Princess tagged along too). It was fun. He skated for about 2 hours, then came home for the festivities, which included a pool. It was a gorgeous day, near 90 and perfect weather for a pool party.

We had about 14 kids (that is a lot for the 'smallish' party we were going for... LOL) and 12 adults... well 14 if you count father in law and myself (though father in law stayed in his house for most of the party).

It was great. I could not have asked for a more perfect party or a more perfect day or even a more perfect number of people.

There were tons of goodies for everyone... chocolate covered marshmallows and fruits, fruit salad, Chex mix, cake and ice cream cones, and of course the food: Arroz con Pollo and salad (which mother in law so graciously made). It was a fabulous day and a wonderful start to vacation.

Happy Birthday my prince!

There were a lot of photos, so they're in no particular order:


Near the end of the party


Boobie's gifts


Fatty 'devouring' some cake


Wearing the Transformers mask








Happy Birthday





Make a wish


Getting ready for cake











Pool time fun














Brother in law filling up the pool... since it didn't fill up all the way, the little kids were able to enjoy the pool as well

















Food time














Chocolate covered marshmallows, cantaloupe and bananas... these were DELICIOUS!!!!



The "party area"



The cake

Snack central


At the skating rink








Poor Boobie, he spent more time on his butt that first hour than on his skates. He did have fun though. And he informed me that after I left (I had to leave early to come home and 'set up') he got much better. Way to go Boobie!





At Salon Patines Music in San Pedro, reminds me of Chez Vous back in Boston. Good music, old fashioned skating and good time fun. Plus we saved a bunch of $$ as it was 2 for c3.000 colones (it's usually one for c2.000)


Having a blast


Fatty wanting to skate


Hi


Hey


OK, and just to throw this in a bit. I was so daunted by melting chocolate and making skewers. For some reason I thought it was so hard. But it was like pie, literally. So easy and so much fun. I have leftover chocolate and marshmallows (and skewers sticks). I'll be making chocolate covered 'something' again for Easter. This is the car of chocolate melting in a glass bowl that I placed in hot water.


And the skewers all ready to be dipped (or doused) with chocolate.

What a fun day it was. No one wanted to leave (remember that blog about knowing when you have a good party when people don't want to leave.). Yeah. I started the action at 10:30 am and everyone left around 6pm. granted people showed up at all hours: skaters at 10:30, non-skaters between 12:30 and 3:30. It was just perfect. Ahhhhhhhhhh!

1 comment:

Patsy :) said...

Wow! Great pics! Sometimes, pictures tell a great story, huh? I love the chocolate skewer treats! I will try them! Thanks for sharing...