Friday, April 9, 2010

Alright

Alright, alright, alright. I guess I can be 100% happy with my choice now then. Maybe?

I was passing by Boobie's school the other day (doing my exercise route) and saw a huge sign out front stating that Colegio Monterrey was "#1 lugar en Bachillerato."

I kinda of knew what that meant but I wanted to look up the word 'bachillerato' to be sure.

I mean I should have guessed. The school kept flaunting it in everyone's faces:

MEJOR PROMEDIO NACIONAL EN PRUEBAS DE BACHILLERATO

Mejor Promedio Bachillerato Colegio Monterrey"

En el COLEGIO MONTERREY reina el júbilo, gracias a nuestra estudiante de undécimo año Rebeca Elena Sawyers Kenton, al obtener el mejor promedio a nivel Nacional en las pruebas de Bachillerato del año 2009, con un promedio general de 97,71 entre los 34.700 estudiantes que hicieron las pruebas.

Hacemos llegar a Rebeca nuestras más efusivas felicitaciones, por haber logrado este importante triunfo con el que a su vez enaltece el nombre de nuestra Institución.

Rebeca recibió un especial reconocimiento por parte de las autoridades del Ministerio de Educación Pública en los primeros días del mes de diciembre, cuyo triunfo fue publicado en los principales medios de comunicación del país.

Cabe destacar, que esta victoria de Rebeca Sawyers no es la primera que cosecha en su vida de estudiante, ya que siempre fue una alumna distinguida tanto en Primaria como en Secundaria obteniendo durante muchos años, los mejores promedios.

***************************************************************

I was saying that yes, the school has a part to do with it, but just maybe this girl was just super smart and no matter which school she was attending at the time, she would have done well. But that is a theory no one can test for sure. All that matters is this: as a student at Colegio Monterrey, she scored the highest scores on the national Costa Rican Bachillerato exams (sort of like the SATS).

So now that they are number 1, and everyone keeps telling me what a good school it is, I guess I can suck up the expense and be proud of myself for finding what I now believe to be one of THE best schools for Boobie to attend.

I am happy with my decision now and just hope this will be the school for Boobie until he is ready to graduate. If not, then at least he put in some time at the school with the "#1 lugar in Bachillerato".

No comments: