Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Numbers Keep Going Down... slowly but surely

It's a cloudy and cool Saturday morning, kids are playing and I am on the computer, trying to get in some cyber time before we all need to go take our showers.

Not much planned here today, except for a birthday dinner tonight for Hubby's cousin and of course those pesky non-stop chores. But here's why today feels so damn good to me. I weighed myself last night and I was pretty happy with the numbers. According to the numbers on the scale, in the last 5 months of me exercising and eating responsibly, I have lost a total of 16 pounds. Yay me.

Now it might not seem like a lot of weight lost especially given the amount of time it was lost in (I mean 5 months to lose 16 pounds), but I am glad. At least with gradual weight loss, my body has time to adjust and hopefully it will be easier to keep the weight off.

I cannot wait to hit my goal weight... although I feel and look just fine right now. I never thought I would have the determination or drive to do this and now that I am doing it, I am hooked. I just have to keep it up. But for now, the hardest thing for me is NOT exercising. I try to find a reason to fit in exercise everyday. But I know my muscles need a rest. I might take a leisurely walk with the kids later though, to keep my soul happy.

Oh and my goal in the next few months is to actually UP my routines. I might add going to the gym as part of my weekly exercise plan, just to keep it spicy so as not to get bored.

No comments: