Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mr. Fatty

It's the age I know: Tantrums are a part of toddler-dom. Fatty has gotten to throwing tantrums now too. On the floor, belly side down, kicking and crying, hands flailing, full blown tantrums. And sometimes for the simplest of things, like not being able to throw the ball just so. Yeah.

He's also VERY bratty. I say not to do something, he looks me dead in the face and yells "NO!" And he'll purposely do it, looking right at me with a devilish smile on his face, as if saying "yeah, what you gonna do huh, momsy?"

He'll even try to hit (OK, he has hit) me. But when I get firm with him, he gives me those puppy dog eyes, and literally moans like a puppy, mouth down-turned and everything. I can't win. He is too cute for time-outs (and too young), he laughs at "pow-pow" (a light slap on the wrist) and spankings are a no-go. He just has me wrapped around his chubby little finger.

At this age, I guess I don't mind (too much).

1 comment:

Patsy :) said...

This is a tough age to discipline. Remember, they are only young for such a short period of time! Stay firm...yet, with a gentle hand...

Then tickle the heck out of 'um!