Thursday, April 8, 2010

My 4:30 Wake Up Call

So this morning I hear Princess crying. Nothing new as she does wake up in the middle of the night/early morning crying on occasion. Most times it's because she has to pee, sometimes it's because she needs me to cuddle her back to sleep. I figured this time she would need to pee and then go back to bed.

I stumble out of bed, rushing to her room as quickly as I could in my sleep induced state, trying to get to her before she pissed the bed. In the dark, I ask her if she needs to pee and she responds in the negative. When I go to grab her I feel something wet in her bed and she's trying to tell me something urgent.

Once I turn on the lights I see what it was that woke up Princess... vomit. She had puked in bed and just wanted me to clean it up.

Yup, 4:30 in the morning... nice wake up, huh? Thankfully, I lay a blanket down for Princess to sleep on, on top of her mattress, so all I had to do was take the blanket off her bed. She hadn't thrown up a lot, so cleanup was pretty easy. I washed out the blanket and left it in the bathroom sink to deal with later in the day and then put Princess back to bed. She fell asleep pretty quickly.

I stumbled back into my own bed at 4:45... thanking my lucky stars that I had at least another hour or so to get some more sleep before my day started.

The early wake up came too, after a late night. I was up until after midnight last night, relaxing in the living room when I heard both kids crying. I had to go in and comfort them back to bed. I didn't get to bed myself until maybe close to 1 am, only to be woken up before 5.

I looked for signs to see if Princess was sick or not. She did sleep later than usual (until 8:30) and she wouldn't really eat anything, but she was fine otherwise.

Later in the day, after playgroup she did have some diarrhea. I felt terrible for her. My poor Princess. Looks like a bug has come for another visit. I had it 2 weeks ago, Fatty had some form of it too. And now I feel like I am getting it again (my stomach has been acting funky the last 2 days). Looks like Princess is the first one one hit so far. Thankfully she seems OK for the moment (aside from the liquid poop).

Well if I am up for another early morning wake up tomorrow, at least I got a nap in today. And now I am off to get my rug rats to bed.

No comments: