Sunday, June 13, 2010

Boobie's Report Card

I won't even post a picture. I am not happy. He didn't do that well, as I already knew but seeing it on the report card really hit home for me just how badly he did.

So anyway, I missed the day assigned for handing out report cards. I forgot to mark it in my agenda (daily calendar) and so noticed the date on Boobie's school calendar after it was too late. I immediately emailed the teacher and asked when was a good time to come in and pick up Boobie's report card. She was quick to respond and I got a date 2 days later. How efficient huh?

She (Boobie's homeroom teacher) is so nice. We really like her. She is patient and kind. However, she did have a few complaints about Boobie's behavior in class and she also had her theories as to why he did so poorly in some subjects. She hit it spot on. And her and I are pretty much on the same page. She is so nice, I almost feel bad for her that she has to deal with my son. *sigh*

Boobie's main issues are his tendencies to being easily distracted. He also has a hard time paying attention for long periods of time and sitting still. And he talks a LOT! On subjects that come easily to him, like English and Science (both of which are in English) he doesn't have to do much to get a passing grade.

But on the more difficult subjects in Spanish, like Spanish, Social Studies and Math, he struggles tremendously.

He has his times when he does well, as I have blogged about on here. But for the most part, he is suffering. Combined with his behavior issues of not listening, not paying attention and just being disruptive, he also struggles with the language a little bit. He has to really pay attention in those subjects in order to get good grades, which he has not done on a consistent basis. Hence his failing grades in 2 of his subjects and a barely passing grade in Spanish. Ugh!

I just really hope for a better trimester this time around. We've talked, he and I. I've now talked to his teacher at length and she seems to be doing her part. Unlike some former teachers Booobie has had, she seems genuinely invested in seeing him do well, as she notices his capabilities and intelligence.

There is a bit of good news to report, however. I am proud to announce that Boobie's grade in conduct at this school last trimester has seen a vast improvement of 92. According to his teacher, he really isn't a bad kid who gives trouble, just the typical behavioral problems. But now I am wondering just how typical his behavior is. Maybe I need to consult a doctor about his issues. Not that he needs medication, but maybe he needs an outlet to exhaust some of that extra raw energy he has. Here's to hoping for the best,

No comments: