Sunday, June 13, 2010

Boobie Quit Soccer

Here we go again. Another sport that he so desperately wanted to join, yet quit before the school year is up.

It's his tendency, to join something he's excited about, only to quit at the half way point because it was not what he expected or what he thought it would be. (At his old school, he quit Tae Kwon Do the very first day and he was all too happy not to be apart of the town's swim team anymore).

While I was more reluctant to let him quit, Hubby was more willing.

"Why force him to do something he doesn't want to, " Hubby said.

"But he was the one that wanted to sign up for soccer in the first place," I said.

Oh well, no use in arguing a moot point. He wanted to quit, he got to quit. But I lay it out for him: I will not be signing him up for any other sports activities. EVER!

What a waste of money (those times spent paying for soccer when he didn't even want to be a part of the team) plus the cleats I bought and the extra time and energy spent rummaging around looking for his shin guards and knee length socks.

He'll have to really prove it's something he is truly DYING to do before I put pen to paper again. He has expressed interest in Basketball, so maybe next year he can join the team, but I am still hesitant about that. The kid is just a quitter and that is a trait I do not like.

He still takes arts and crafts after school (art being something he absolutely loves anyway). Plus with soccer off the after school activity list, I get to save c6.000 colones a month, which is roughly about 12 dollars (what's the exchange rate these days?). So I save money and time (no more Friday afternoons pickups... he can now take the bus home).

But I had warned him when he told me he wanted to sign up for soccer and he didn't listen. It'll be difficult for him to convince me to sign him up for another after school sport activity from now on.

No comments: