Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Quick Spread

A few weeks ago, as I was preparing dinner, Hubby came up to me and asked if it was OK for his friend to eat with us (apparently he got a whiff of what I was making and thought it smelled "like KFC", which I take to be a compliment of sorts.).

Well, seeing as I love to entertain company, I love to cook, AND I love to feed people, I was all like "heck yeah".

I was making crispy fried chicken so I scrambled to prepare a few other little things to go with the meal and make it bountiful for my 2 extra guests.

Needless to say, dinner was great. And everyone was 'belly' happy!




I made: 'patacones' (fried green plantains), tomato and onion salsa (chimichurri), fried yucca and cheese squares, fried tortilla chips, and crispy fried chicken.

Not a very health conscious meal (nor diet friendly), what with everything FRIED. But it was a fried filled heaven full of goodies. And it was divine.

No comments: