Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stuffed Shells

Another home run hit at dinner!

I made stuffed shells Tuesday night for dinner and it was the bomb. It was so good, Boobie actually had seconds... then he ate again for the third time. I also packed him some for lunch the next day. He just could not get enough of it.

I had bought the shells months ago and had them in my pantry for a quick and easy dinner idea. I was waiting to find ricotta cheese to make them, but lucked out. I finally decided to just wing it and stuffed the shells with a mixture of cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt and garlic powder. They were delicious, topped with meat sauce (seasoned ground beef in mushroom tomato sauce).



Divine



Top with a little Parmesan if you like and serve with garlic bread. Yummy!



This is after Boobie, myself and Princess ate and I packed some for lunch for Boobie the next day. We tore into it good.



Having some good eats.


He couldn't wait to dig in


Even my picky Princess tried one of the shells.


Clean plates... always a good sign of a delicious meal.


Recipe:
A bag of shells pasta. Boil for 4 minutes (directions on package).
Mix together cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt. Stuff shells.
Cook up seasoned ground beef, add tomato pasta sauce. Season to your liking. I like to add sugar, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, paprika, all purpose seasoning to my sauce.
Pour tomato and beef mixture over shells. Bake covered until shells are soft, al dente and cheese mixture inside is melted.

1 comment:

Patsy :) said...

That looks so yummy! I'm gonna try it! Thanks for the recipe!