Friday, June 25, 2010

CIO Day 3

Last night was a little rougher than the first 2 nights, but still not as bad as I anticipated. Looks like my kids will be on the road to sleeping solo from here on out. YES!

So the routine started as usual, with pajamas. Then they brushed their teeth, with me supervising and then going over spots they missed. After a Dinosaur bedtime story, I put each kid in their perspective beds, then it was lights out.

However, last night, bedtime started a little earlier than the other 2 CIO nights. They were both in bed by 8:30, which led Princess to insist that I go to bed also, in the same room. I had to explain to her that, no, she was a big girl now and could sleep on her own.

Fatty, as usual, started to cry as I left the room. Then a few minutes later, they both came out. Back in bed they went, a quick kiss goodnight from me and then I left their room again. They both cried for a few minutes, then I heard them talking to each other, which was better than crying.

Eventually, there was silence and I assumed they both fell asleep. It was quick.

After a while, I went in to check on them, and guess who was still awake? Princess... standing in her crib, peeking through the window. I had to lie her back down and leave the room again, and that was when the water works started.

She cried and cried, so I finally went in to see what the fuss was all about. Turns out she just wanted some medicine. After she got her dose, she actually went to bed and fell asleep soon after.

I'd say day 3 was another success and I can start to count my lucky stars from now on. The CIO technique worked.

Now I just wait for the night when they both go to bed, without a fuss and without tears.

No comments: