Monday, May 31, 2010

Perfect Attendance

I wanted Boobie to have perfect attendance this year at his new school. Barring any illness, of course, I was going to try and make that happen.

Well, that hope is out the window: Boobie missed his first day of school today.

I don't know why having perfect attendance is so important to me. I guess because when I was in school, it was important to me to attend school every day. I cried the first time I had to miss school. I remember. I loved school so much, missing a day was like torture.

While Boobie loves his new school, I am sure he is loving the extra day off.

And while one day missed out of 4 months isn't bad, since Boobie is just an OK student, he needs to be in school everyday in order to do well.

I guess there's nothing I can do about it now. Hubby planned poorly and in turn, caused Boobie to miss a day of school. I am hoping this will be the first and last time he misses school... an unexcused absence in my book. And lucky for him today was not a very important day so missing it isn't as big a deal as missing a day when he has exams.

I must also admit, having the extra day off for me was a good thing. I was able to sleep in a little bit longer today and recuperate a little. I feel great this morning. But I still wish Boobie didn't miss school today. Oh well. Vacation in one month and counting.

No comments: