Thursday, February 11, 2010

No Time

I have been so busy these last few days I didn't even have time to turn on the computer. The kids are giving me a run for my money. Plus with Boobie's back to school schedule and my exercise routines (up to 5 days a week now), I just don't have the minutes in the day to take for myself to have some comp time.

Fatty and Princess have odd nap schedules, which leaves barely any time in the day for computer time. Today for instance, I went walking to Boobie's school and they both fell asleep in the stroller; but before I got home, they were both wide awake. So by the time we reached my front door, they were ready for some more action. Then of course, there are the regular chores that I still have to take care of. I just can't find anytime for computer time.

I am implementing an earlier bedtime, BUT since I have to be up at 5:30 and out the door by 6:10 A.M., I have to be in bed early too. Plus the energy I exert everyday running, power walking and doing yoga, I need all the extra zzzzzzzzzzzz's I can get.

I also have a jam packed schedule with errands to run, events to attend and activities to do. I had to have Boobie take a leave of absence from the swim team because we just don't have the time anymore. Since Boobie has to be up so early, he has to be in bed by 7:30... with swim practice ending at 7P.M., it's just not feasible. Plus Boobie gets home at 3:20 (he gets out at 2:30 but the bus has a route it has to take). By the time Boobie gets home and has to eat dinner and do homework, he would never make it to the 4 'o' clock practice. I feel bad he has to stop his classes, but hopefully once we get the hang of this new school, he can resume them again, soon.

As for me and finding more time in the day for some 'me' time? Well, that's a work in progress. The good thing is, less time on the computer means more time to do other, more enriching things, like spending time with the kids outside when we can and actually getting stuff done (in a timely fashion). Not that computer time interfered too much with my day to day tasks, but it definitely slowed me down, just a tiny little bit.

I'll have to find a few minutes here and there to pop in and say a quick hello from time to time. And of course, as the kids get older and more independent, I'll be finding my way back to the 'puter in no time. For now though, I can't say I miss it too terribly. I am enjoying my new busy schedule.

No comments: