Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Operation: Clean-up

Or a better word would be, operation: organization.

Yesterday we spent almost all day cleaning up, cleaning out and organizing Boobie's room. It was a process and it took the 2 of us to get it done and done right.

It was a mess before, trust me. I don't have before shots as I would be embarrassed to even post those pictures, but the after results are stunning.


















While his room is still a work in progress, I can live with it now. Everything is in it's place, and it looks so much bigger now. Amazing what a little organizing can do to a space... make it look spacious.

The biggest problem with Boobie is that he's a pack rat, like me, but he doesn't know how to hide it as well as I do. Plus, he is messy. To top that off, he was using an old box (the box that Princess's house came in a few Christmases ago) to store all his toys, which fell apart to pieces. I have yet to find a reasonably priced toy box that can store all his toys... so I found another temporary solution: the box that Princess's car came in last Christmas. That fixed 'the messy toys all over the floor' problem.

Then I tackled the space above his closets (it's a small room so every space has to be utilized as Boobie has a lot of stuff).

I hope he keeps his room clean all the time now. We cleaned up just in time for him to start school. So he has a fresh start all around.

No comments: