Tuesday, February 2, 2010

YUCK!

I had this problem with Princess when she was smaller. She would disappear outside every so often and when I found her, she would be eating the dog's food. Yes... DOG FOOD!

Fast forward a year or so, and I am having the same issues with Fatty. I just need to be pre-occupied for a few seconds and there Fatty is, finding his way to the dog's bowl, eating the dog's food. I found him today AGAIN, with a mouth full of Purina and a handful ready to be stuffed into his mouth. Ewwwwww! Gross. How can kids eat that stuff? Why would he want to eat that stuff? He knows it's for the dog. Dammit! And it's so hard to wash out his mouth.

It's like the time (and thank God it was only the ONE time) when he picked up a piece of the dog's poop and put it in his mouth. He didn't swallow because he realized it wasn't food and started to spit it out. But I was LIVID! I swear God is with my kids. The amount of stuff that they put in their mouths that they're not supposed to and yet manage not to get horribly ill is a true miracle.

What nasty, beyond belief stuff have your kids eaten (put in their mouths) today?

1 comment:

Patsy :) said...

My oldest saw a cricket on the floor and as she was at an age where she didn't know any better...she ate the cricket. I only knew because when I was checking on her, I noticed the cricket leg sticking out of the corner of her mouth! Yucky, yuck! She just smiled and went on her furniture-cruising way. I was grossed out... Your right...it's no wonder these kids are alive and healthy with all the things they put in their mouths! I guess at some time...we did it too!