Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Small 'Remodel'

Sometimes all it takes to spruce up your surroundings is a few small, cost effective changes and you can turn any room in your house into a brand new, refreshing space.

A coat of paint will do the trick but often times, it doesn't even have to be something that 'dramatic'. A new rug, a few nice decorative pieces and a room can be new again in minutes.

With that said, I have been meaning to spruce up the two bathrooms in my house since the day I moved in. But somehow that project got pushed to the back burner as more important life events took priority.

I had ideas of what I wanted to do of course, but something always stopped me from acting on my plans, be it price or indecision about decor.

Well, in the spirit of V-day, while I was out shopping today, I stopped by the bathroom aisle in Hipermas (Walmart). I was searching for bathroom shelves (gotta start small right?) I had already bought a few bathroom 'fixtures' a few days prior and wanted to go a bit further with the bathroom re-do.

Well, I struck out on the shelves, but I got lucky with a whole slew of other bathroom necessities to make my remodel happen and semi-complete. I was so happy I couldn't wait to 'get to it'! When I was done, the finished product was breath-taking, literally.

I have a few other small things to do to both bathrooms that will leave me content for now, until a big re-model is possible. But really, I'm just so happy with the end result so far, it was like a breath of fresh air.

All that's left now is the rest of my house. One small re-do at a time.


The new toothbrush/toothpaste holder


My new bath mats and shower curtain. I have ALWAYS wanted matching mats and curtain in my bathroom. I finally got them.


Love the color


Perfect match


The kid's bathroom... new bathmat and curtain (Love the animal print... cuter than ducks I'd say).


Check out the shower rods... so darling. I love matchy stuff.


The 'fixtures' in the kid's bathroom... new toothbrush/toothpaste holder and soap dispenser.



Oh and let's not forget, I did re-organize the toy room too... I was a busy woman. I re-organized the office, toy room and even the laundry room. Still need to decorate them and spiff them up a bit, but it's a work in progress that is progressing.

Yes, Princess playing piano in the newly organized play room.


The kids love it in here.


1 comment:

David said...

One of the least expensive, yet immediately saves you money, home improvements is a bathroom bidet sprayer. The ultimate bathroom retreat is not complete without a bidet or better yet....the hand bathroom bidet sprayer. The hand sprayer gives you superior control and water volume and if the bathroom was not designed to allow for a bidet(the majority of them) it offers the convenience of installation on the existing toilet AND you don't have to get up and move every time! You will pay for it many times over in toilet paper savings which makes this a very green thing to do. Available at www.bathroomsprayers.com