Monday, February 1, 2010

Amnet

We finally got Amnet and it only took us 3 and half years to get it.

When I first moved to Costa Rica, one of the things that stood out as a negative to me was the cable. While it was sufficient, I was missing a lot of my favorite shows that I was used to watching and many of the shows that I loved were in Spanish, which took the fun out of watching them, for me.

Then I heard about Amnet and their SAP feature. Many shows could be Sap-ped back into English, including many of the cartoons my kids enjoy. Amnet has channels like FOX and ABC and my all time favorites: The Food Network and HGTV.

We tried for years to get Amnet... OK we started trying hard around the end of 08. We were given bad news every time: the cables for Amnet weren't long enough to reach our house to give us good reception. I thought that was a lame excuse; I mean come on, are you kidding me!!! It's a new millennium and you don't have the proper cables to outfit different houses. Each time an Amnet representative came out, they said the same thing.

I finally told my father in law that if we really wanted Amnet, we would have to go INTO the offices and talk to the head honcho. No way was I taking no for an answer. Well, father in law finally went in and what do you know: they sent a representative out to look at the house and we were hooked up to Amnet this past Saturday. Easy as pie.

I have to say, it's a danger for me having Amnet since most of my favorite shows are all now in English : I could watch TV all day. The other night I stayed up until after 1a.m. because House Hunters was on HGTV. I didn't want to miss out on an episode.

Also, now Boobie can watch all his favorites, like Cartoon Network, Ben 1o and iCarly in English and Princess and Fatty get Discovery Kids back... here we come Caillou!

I hope to get even more channels once we break in the cable a little bit, just to expand our viewing pleasure. Because while Amnet to me, is the better option in cable for us, it's not perfect. It is pretty bare bones too; not too many channels to speak of . But it has more channels that I can watch and that is what counts.

No comments: