Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Diva

How many times a day does one need to change their shoes... for most of us, one pair for the whole day will suffice. Not for my Princess. She changes shoes constantly, as one pair is just not enough. And I can't say I blame her. With as many pairs of shoes as she has, no wonder she tries to wear as many of them as much as possible, even if it means changing into a different pair every few minutes.

On average, Princess changes shoes about every 5 minutes. She'll get tired of the pair she's wearing and then just head to her room and pick out another pair to sport. And she has to choose. By no means will she let me pick out a pair for her... she is after all a diva and only certain shoes will do.

After seeing this behavior I decided I HAD to document it. How many times does she change footwear? I wondered about this for a week. So, armed with my trusty digital camera, I decided each and every time she decided to change shoes, I would snap a picture and count just how many times day this event occurred. Here are my findings.

First, the evidence. Princess has more than 15 pairs of shoes; more than me, hubby, Boobie and Fatty.

What's a girl to do with this much... the choices, oh the choices! She has a got a pair for every season... rain boots, 'winter' boots, every kind of sandal, dress up shoes and sneakers. You name it, she's got it. She's her own mini shoe store.


The diva and her many shoe changes. I swear, only rock stars do this. One pair just isn't good enough for the whole day... I fear as she gets older, she will be doing this with outfits too.


The pink strappy boots... good choice


Although it was a nice sunny day, she decided to wear her rain boots for a bit.



She just loves these boots.. I bet she feels like a woman in these... mommy even has a pair.


Flip flops, but with a little height. A favorite choice.



The pink sneakers... cool!


And then there was more.


Her current favorite... she wears these more than any other pair.


And a new choice for today.. the dressy sandals.

Seven shoe changes... count them... 7! She did change shoes more than that, but back into a few of the same pairs she had changed out of!

This is not just a one time, one day occurrence. It's something Princess does every single day. I have tried keeping her door closed, but because I tend to prefer a happy toddler to a screaming one, I submit to her demands, sometimes even helping her put on the shoe of choice for the moment. I just wonder how long this 'obsession' will last. Heaven knows, there's only room for one diva in this house. Looks like I'll be relinquishing my crown. LOL!

No comments: