Friday, August 14, 2009

Gearing Up For Mother's Day

I have it good. I get to celebrate 2 Mother's Days... the 'real' one in May and Costa Rica's in August.

When I say the real Mother's Day I mean to say the one I grew up celebrating my whole life. The one I celebrated in the States and the one I identify with.

Even though I think Mother's Day in August is a bit weird, I am not complaining... I get 2 and that is all I care about...LOL.

Since I don't watch much local TV I haven't been bombarded too much with advertisements; Getting the perfect gift for all the mother's in one's life! Ideas on how to find that perfect gift! Ways to make your mom feel special...buy her something nice! I'm sure they do all the commercials and local morning shows have a special segment dedicated to Mother's Day... just like in the states. I have seen a few stores, a lot of stores actually, with signs for Mother's Day and gift packs galore, laid out ready for their customers to grab up. Some stores are even having specials for Mother's Day, a way to entice more people to shop, shop shop and buy, buy, buy. Using the forever desired 'discount' as a way to lure you in.

I was unable to be with my own mother for mother's Day back in May. The only mom I feel I have to shop for is my hubby's mother, my mother in law. Since she was born and raised in Costa Rica (though she lived many years in Boston and celebrated Mother's in May like the rest of us), I have a feeling her country's Mother's Day means more to her.

So while stores are getting ready for the influx of customers ready to spend loot on their moms, wives or grandmothers, I am getting ready to try and find my mother in law something special. Nothing extravagant but something really really nice.... that perfect gift. I know I have a lot of gifts to choose from, I just have to choose the right one. Wish me luck.... I have just one day to shop.

No comments: