Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm So Proud Right Now...

Of my son. Today, I watched as Boobie swam the entire length of the olympic sized swimming pool without stopping, something I can't even do. I was so proud of him, I could barely stand it. My face lit up with the biggest smile. I can't believe this was the same kid who could barely swim 2 strokes without stopping just a few weeks before.

I knew him joining the swim team would pay off, but I had no idea I would see such results so soon. His teacher is proud of him too and has noticed a positive change in his behavior as well. I can't wait for him to start competing. Although he expressed fear of competition because he doesn't want to lose, I know it will bring out the best in him.

I could just burst with pride. Not only will swimming teach him about endurance and humility, but the skills he learns and the friends he makes will last him a lifetime, this I am sure. I'm so glad I could give this experience to my son. And I look forward to watching him grow and progress.

No comments: