Sunday, August 30, 2009

Let's Go A Walking

What a wonderful Sunday we had today. First off, I am happy to report that my stroller is in good working condition. Hubby's cousin was able to straighten out the spoke that attaches the wheel to the stroller. The wheel itself is still twisted, but it runs just fine. I am as happy as a bee hopped up on honey.

I decided to test out the stroller and take the kids for a walk today. Not too far, about 20/25 minutes to Nova Centro, the out-door shopping mall near the center of town. Why walk... well I use to do it all the time and I figured why not use my stroller for what it was made for. Plus it was a decent day... the sky was starting to clear up, the clouds were parting slowly and the day was cool, not too hot or too cold. Perfect for walking.

We headed off on our walk after 11 am... and once we got there, I got he kids some ice-cream. Then we kind of just browsed around for a bit. I wanted to make a pit stop at Mas x Menos supermarket (Walmart) and see if they had any birthday candles (searching for that perfect number 1 candle for Fatty). As luck would have it, right outside the supermarket, Amnet Cable Company had a tent set up with a promotional give away and face painting. Princess got her face painted like a butterfly and I bought 4 boxes of milk (the juice box kind with the straws) so I could get Boobie the free handi lunch bag with crayons and coloring book.

It was a pleasant day and a nice walk. And on our walk back (another 20/25 minutes), the clouds rolled back in and I could feel little splashes of rain drops. We did make it home before it rained though.... and I felt great having gotten that bit of exercise.

I promise I'll walk more... take the kids out more, especially on lazy days like today. And since I have my stroller back, I promise to put it to good use. After all, those wheels are made for
walking.


*side note*
we also managed to make it over to the fair the next town over where the kids enjoyed a few rides and some treats. Boobie and Princess enjoyed their very first candy apple... and we just had to have some fried dough too. I brought home fried chicken for dinner. It was a perfect family outing and a very nice end to the weekend.






Heading out


Enjoying a ride before ice-cream



My butterfly!

No comments: