Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I Can't Stand The News

I really can't. It's just too depressing and I don't handle bad news very well, especially when it's dealing with children.

Recently, as recently as today, just 2 weeks before Christmas, a 3 year old baby girl was murdered. I don't watch the news here much, so I got my info, again, from my in-laws. I am depressed right now and in shock and just reeling with guilt and anger; as I prepare for the Christmas holiday with my children, a family will be mourning the loss of one of theirs. Why? Why? Why? I cannot wrap my mind around these things. Why? Please, why?

I will be holding my kids, my Princess, who according to my in-laws look a lot like the the little girl that was killed, extra close tonight. May God be with the family.

Here's a link to the story: http://www.nacion.com/ln_ee/2009/diciembre/08/sucesos2188020.html

It's in Spanish as I couldn't find it on the net on Tico Times or Am Costa Rica's site in English.

No comments: