Monday, December 28, 2009

Well, We Made It!

Or I should say, Princess made it.

It was my goal to get her fully potty trained by Christmas. Meaning, not just day time but night time as well; to get her to be 100% diaper free... and she is officially 100% diaper free. Not even for bedtime, does she strap on a diaper. No more. Diapers are actually lasting me twice as long now (well almost) with just having to diaper my Fatty.

It was by accident that we met our goal (or I met my goal). I forgot one night to put a diaper on Princess (and also didn't put a sheet protector on the bed). The next morning when I noticed my faux pas, I checked her and the sheets and they were both as dry as burnt toast. I figured if she could do it one night, why not try it for the rest of the nights and see what happens (I do put protectors on the bed now).

It's been over a week now and we've had a few accidents, but that is to be expected. I try and limit her liquid intake close to bedtime and make sure she tries and pees before going to sleep.

I will forge forward and I know soon enough there will be no more accidents. She is a big girl now and I am so proud of her. I did it! I mean , she did it. Diaper free before the age of 3. Whewwwwwwwwwwwww!

No comments: