Monday, December 14, 2009

Mmm Mmm Good

I just had the most delicious dinner I have cooked in a long while. The last few weeks have been so hectic with Christmas stuff, I was just barely getting by in the kitchen. Leftovers were the theme.

But today I finally went to the grocery store and picked up a few necessities for the week. I couldn't wait to cook and I knew what I had in mind...

I made garlic buttered corn (from the can just added the seasonings), garlic and onion mashed potatoes and breaded fish with tomato sauce... I am so full and it was so damn good. I also had some rice left over from the other day so I made some black beans (my signature seasoned black beans) to go with it... you know dinner isn't dinner for Hubby without some rice and beans. He is going to love dinner. He better come home hungry 'cuz the food is fingah lickin' goodness!!!



Frying up the fish (seasoned to perfection) in flour and oil. Not the healthiest, so we have this maybe 2x a week... we do love some fish.


The breaded and fried fish ready to be devoured.


Accompanied with mashed potatoes, corn, rice, black beans and the 'gravy'... made with drippings, ketchup and water. YUM!

No comments: