Friday, December 11, 2009

Yawn Update

How did I cure my boredom today? After much contemplation, I decided to take the kids out to dinner after all and skip swim practice again. Boobie needed a break from practice and I just was in no mood to drop him there and then have to pick him back up, so problem solved. Plus my tummy was grumbling something awful, so out to eat we went.

We headed to La Princessa Marina (The Marine Princess/Princess Marina) restaurant in Moravia, about a 10 minute drive or so from my house. We hopped in a taxi and we were there in a flash.

I had been to this restaurant maybe 2 times before; our first time was with Hubby's cousin and his wife, my friend M. Then Hubby and I went back again solo... we had liked the food and most of all the prices.

Then the restaurant got shut down due to some kind of food borne illness or food poisoning... quiet a few people got sick. There was a whole to-do about it. I was shocked and grossed out at the fact that I had eaten there and could have been one of the many that got sick. Then it re-opened and I swore I would never eat from there again.

But I guess they cleaned up their act and a few people I knew ate there after the incident, so I figured it was safe again and I was craving their food.

The restaurant is pretty spacious and open. And my waiter was friendly... he called me 'reina', which means 'queen'. I ordered Boobie and Princess their own meals from the kids menu (breaded fish fillet which came with fries). To my delight and surprise, it was a good amount of food and each plate came with a salad. Nice!

My order, breaded boneless chicken, also came with fries and a salad AND a delicious tortilla. Let's just say we enjoyed our meal (though that is an understatement). Fatty had a sampling of pretty much everything since he shared my plate and Princess's as well. I also ordered three glasses of Te Frio (iced tea) and they were served in HUGE ice cream soda shaped glasses... just enough for everyone. When my meal was done, I was so full and satisfied. And the bill came in just under c10.000 colones, leaving me just enough to hop back in a taxi home.

I made the perfect choice to go out to eat and skip practice; it was well worth it and I cannot wait to go back to La Princessa Marina. It's close to home, food is good and the price is right. Plus, service with a smile.

No comments: