Monday, July 5, 2010

I Think....

I think Fatty is ready to be potty trained (Oh Boy!). But I am anticipating an easier time than I had with both Boobie and Princess. Why, you ask? Well, because he's already showing the signs he's ready and he has expressed interest in using the potty, which is a good thing and the right signs to a great first start at potty training.

For a few weeks now, he's been going into hiding to do his business. He hates it when people look at him when he's busy with number 2... lets face it, who would like that: people staring at you while you go to the bathroom. So I knew the time was approaching for me to entice him into sitting on the potty just to get used to the idea.

Well, tonight as I was getting him and Princess ready for bed, I found him in the bathroom pointing to the potty. I didn't think much of it though. As soon as I walked into the bathroom followed by Princess, he started screaming "no" to us, his way of telling us to leave him alone so he can get down to the "nitty gritty dirty poopy". That tipped me off that he was doing his thing and to leave him be.

But he had been trying to tell me he needed to poop by going into the bathroom and pointing to the toilet and I missed his non verbal ques. By the time I asked him if he wanted to use the potty, to which he responded yes, it was too late. He'd already been in the bathroom for a good while and had already done the damage in his brand new diaper I had just put him in for bedtime.

I guess tomorrow starts the first day of potty training for both of us.

As for Princess, miss high and dry (sometimes); well lets just say, a few wet nights and damp mornings are still plaguing us. But at least she is put of diapers eh...

No comments: