Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Aerobics Class

I went with my friend D yesterday to my first ever 'live' aerobics class in a gym. Boy let me tell you... whoooooooo!

When D asked me if I wanted to go, of course I said yes. I have been running and doing other exercises for months now... what's a little aerobics class. Yeah I can do an aerobics class easy, I thought. I used to do aerobics at home years ago. Not a big deal. Right? WRONG!

She told me how sore her arms were from using the 2.5 pound dumbbells and I actually laughed. I lift a 15 a pound dumbbell for my weight lifting at home... 2.5 is NOTHING. Or so I thought (again).

OH MY GOODNESS! The aerobic instructor is EVIL! He worked us so good! My arms are STILL sore. I am still sore. How can that be: I've been running and toning and doing yoga for months now, an aerobics class should have been a breeze. Not so. I got such a workout... I can't wait to go back this Friday... and yet I dread it as well. Who knew how easy my workouts were at home (when you can go at your own pace and do what feels comfortable to you, it's not the same as keeping pace with a class with an instructor that thinks you should be able to do anything he throws at you).

I think I sweated out about 5 pounds (hopefully LOL). Man, I will never laugh at a 'simple' aerobics class again.

No comments: