Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh No... Or Oh Yes???

They're building condominiums next door to my property. For years now, ever since I moved in, our neighbor (the friendly one) has had a piece of his humongous property under contract. He had sold it and they were getting the grounds ready for building.

I am not sure how I feel about this yet, as the construction has been under way for a few months now and today I just saw the sign making it all too real: condos for sale, minimum 300 m2. I guess I am glad in a sense... that property, being so big and empty for so long, was a passway for thieves who would jump the fence and tress pass onto our property and steal our belongings (shoes, clothes, hose nozzles, pretty much anything of value left out overnight). Now that the property will be occupied by people, that theft may just stop.

On the other hand, I loved having the privacy the vast empty property provided us. With no neighbors on either side of our back yard to disturb us or encroach on our space, we felt we owned the world. Now that will change... depending, I guess, on how deep they are building the condos. I mean this property is about the length of ours... but has more space, if that makes sense.

I guess I'll see how these upcoming changes will affect us. I hope for the good.

No comments: