Thursday, July 1, 2010

2 Week Vacation

It's time for vacation... the mid year 'winter' break for kids in Costa Rica. Today was Princess's last day of playgroup and yesterday was fatty's last. Tomorrow, Boobie will have his last day of school for 2 weeks. I am so looking forward to vacation.

Winter break for Costa Rican school children coincide with summer vacation break for American kids, although it is MUCH shorter. A mere 2 weeks for most children, 3 weeks for the lucky few and a month for the select few.

Boobie is used to 3 weeks but his new school only gives 2, BUT they get another week in September (I think) as a sort of mini break from all the stresses of exams and homework and school. Sweet! He'll probably be one of the only few kids on break at that time.

So what do we have planned for winter break? The usual I am sure. Swim lessons for all 3 kids hopefully. Trips to the museum and the zoo and maybe the botanical park. Oh and lets not forget the beach. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will get to have an excursion to the beach for a few days so we can actually relax.

I am just happy I get 2 weeks off. Well, not really, since being a mom means work all the time and no vacation days. But I won't have to get up at 5:30 every morning for 2 weeks (I can sleep in just a bit later) and I won't have to iron uniforms for 2 weeks or pack lunches. And we get to do some fun stuff early in the day on a weekday, which will be fun (and being winter and rainy season, crucial). Vacation here we come!

No comments: