Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th Of July

It's a day late, but I hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

We went to the annual picnic held by the American Colony Committee here in Costa Rica at the Cerveceria in Alajuela and we had a blast. It was HOT day, too hot and made it that much harder to enjoy the festivities with kids, but we manged.

While I have to say I was disappointed with the fact that they ran out of Boston Bagels (after I made line with 2 small hot hungry kids), that I failed to get any beads or patriotic leis, that they only had water and soda (no juice), that they had no more patriotic tattoos left and that the rides had no lines.... it was still a great day.

I didn't get to do everything I would have liked to do, like volleyball, balloon toss, etc (which would have made the day that much more fun) and the kids barely got to do anything besides play at the park. But there's always next year to look forward to.

The upside: Princess got her photo taken by a Tico Times photographer and might very well end up in the newspaper this Friday. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I'll have to post pictures of our day on another post.

No comments: