Sunday, July 11, 2010

One Pedicure, Please

I finally found the time on Saturday to get me a pedicure. I got up early (well, early for a weekend day, seeing as the kids were still partially asleep), got dressed, made breakfast (seeing as Hubby would be a lot happier with food on the table before I took my leave), then headed out to the salon.

I was savoring my time alone, so few and far between, that I got to steal away sans kids in tow. I was in such energetic mood, I almost skipped all the way to the bus stop.

I had been meaning to get a pedicure for months now. Heaven knows my feet needed the pampering (and boy did my piggies appreciate it). But I could never find the time and every time I got tempted to take the kids along with me, I had to stop and think realistically: 2 small kids in a salon while I was stuck at a foot spa, not a good idea.

So when Hubby finally found some downtime to be home on a Saturday, I took my chance. And while I was at the salon, I decided, "why stop at a pedicure, why not get a manicure too, OR better yet, why not get some acrylics or gels on my nails."

I was super excited. My nails aren't strong, and as any mom will tell you, daily household chores and neatly manicured (natural) nails do not get along. So the next best thing was getting strong tips put on over your nails so you can maintain that sophisticated look of having great nails without the worry of breakage and well, not such good looking nails.

I didn't really want acrylics (they are horrible for your nails, as you know), so I was looking for something a little kinder. I figured gel would do, but the salon owner convinced me that, despite the higher price tag, getting organic nails was the way to go.

It was a wonderful time spent at the salon. My feet felt heavenly, especially afterwards and my nails are so 'purdy' now. Of course it's taking time to get used to my new paws... having longish nails are something I am not used to. But at least I don't have to worry too much about chipping (fake nails hold nail polish much longer than natural nails do) or breakage.

I hope I'll be able to steal some time to make another trip back to the salon for a touch up and in a few weeks or so, another pedicure. Next on my list, an appointment for a blow out. Now that would be celestial!

No comments: