Thursday, September 17, 2009

My One Year Old

"Fiesta Time"























I have so much to be thankful for, the list is endless. And yet another addition to my list is the fact that I was able to nurture yet another child past their first birthday and be with them to celebrate the big day.

We had a small, impromptu, celebration last night for Fatty's 1st, complete with cake, balloons and even a birthday banner. It was very nice and lots of fun, especially for the kids, who used the opportunity to run about, playing, acting wild.... a rarity on a school night. I had 9 kids including my 3, so it kind of turned into a little 'fiesta'. The party didn't end until after 9, a good sign that everyone was having a good time. While the moms (3 of us) talked and played catch up, the kids had the chance to just go crazy.

Fatty opened his gifts, ate some cake and played for a while, until the day exhausted him out. He slept peacefully all night. So did Princess, who insisted on not only blowing out the candles on the cake, but singing Happy Birthday to herself.

I am so thankfully that I have the opportunity to see my kids grow and change and just do everyday things. And it's more special knowing I have the chance to be with them on their special days to help them celebrate. Life is truly wonderful.

I have passed through his first birthday and I look forward to his party and the year to come.

No comments: