Sunday, September 27, 2009

What A Great Weekend

I somehow managed to turn my birthday into a weekend full of fun... so I guess it was not a birth-day after all, but a birth-weekend.

Saturday was spent mostly with hubby and the kids. First though, I was able to get dressed all by my lonesome because hubby was nice enough to take the little ones with him for a few hours (Boobie spent the whole day at his friend's house). It felt nice to get dressed without the constant whine of my 2 year old or the bellow of my 1 year old... no kids following me around, reaching for me to pick them up, crying for me to pay attention to them while I try to get ready. I was able to get dressed in peace and the quiet that has alluded me for some time now. I was even able to use the bathroom without Fatty banging on the door or Princess coming in and out every so often, to say "ewwww, nasty mommy!" I even tossed in a little quality reading time. It felt so wonderful.

When hubby got back with the kids, we headed over to Nova Centro, the shopping plaza near the center of my town, where hubby took me shoe shopping and I snatched up these VERY cute pumps:



Oh and love the bag... instead of a regular old plastic bag to tote my purchase home in, the store gives these bags to customers. Almost like a token of their appreciation. Nice, huh?


We were famished, so hubby took us to lunch. Well since it was my birthday, he got the restaurant staff to sing me happy birthday. I even got a cute mini cake, which Princess and Fatty were all too happy to devour.


Singing the birthday song


My mini cake




The costumes that Princess just had to pose with... the restaurant sometimes uses these for birthdays.


That evening, hubby took care of a few chores for me (mainly, the dishes. Thanks hun!) And we were able to watch a few minutes of a movie online before I headed out to the movies solo. Now, I will skip all the gory details about why I went alone to the theatre, since it was supposed to be a date night for hubby and I. But long story short, hubby was tired, all 3 kids were still up, Fatty was cranky and hubby didn't want to leave them with his parents. I had my heart set on going to the movies, so since it was MY birthday, I went, albeit alone. And I left hubby home with the kids. Yay me!!!!

I saw 'The Uninvited'. Good movie, great ending. Not too scary.

I was home by 11:30 (not a late night by a 29 year olds standard) but I didn't get to bed until after 1.... trying to stretch out my birthday for all it was worth, I guess.

Today, I celebrated my birthday again with a lunch of rotini pasta with ground beef in mushroom tomato sauce, garlic bread, salad with ranch dressing and honey mustard baked chicken and rice (mother in laws contribution). I had some of hubby's family members over, also close friends of mine. We ate, talked, reminisced, drank (juice, LOL!) and had cake. I got to hear the birthday song again... this time, the 'cha-cha-cha' version. By the way, the cake was absolutely delish (a strawberry chocolate concoction that's all gone now). AND I got another gift; a very nice bottle of 'vino'. I say very nice as I know VERY little about wine, but the bottle looks so fancy.



getting ready for cake



The girls


Thank you. thank you very much for helping me celebrate my big day.


Even though it rained and I thought my beautiful day was ruined (I had a massive headache too), after about 2 hours, the sun came out again and the clouds rolled away to reveal clear blue skies... this time without the excessive heat. And after a dose of acetaminophen, the headache went 'poof'.

I have to say this was one of the best birthdays I have ever had. And I look forward to more celebrations in the future. I just can't believe I am actually 29!!!!!

No comments: