Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Birthday

It's Wednesday. There are two more days until my 29th birthday. What to do? What to Do?

I am not big into celebrating my birthday like I am into celebrating the birthdays of my children. I get more fun out of their birthdays than I do my own. But this year, I have a few ideas of what I want to do and I am actually looking forward to it.

Twenty-nine seems like such a big number. Wow! One step closer to being 30, yet I don't feel a day over 18. Oh well, it is just a number after all. Who cares that when I was younger, I thought 29 was OLD!

So to celebrate this milestone (and yes, it is my milestone because it marks the soon to be end of my 20's, and the beginning of the journey into my 30's), I want to do something nice.

I am contemplating having a little soiree here at the house. Nothing over the top or fancy (still have Fatty's party to think about). Just a small gathering of close family members and friends for some good food, good drinks and good cake.

Then I am also thinking of having a girls night out, something I haven't really had, ever. How fun would it be to just go hang with my girls, have fun, some laughter and good conversation. So I am thinking a girls night is a must... I have to mark this milestone with something BIG, something different. And something I am in desperate need of. No hubby, no kids, just me and the girls.

Then there's hubby's idea of what he wants to do for my birthday, which is to get away for the weekend to the beach. Hubby's always trying to 'get away' to the beach. So this weekend marks a perfect excuse. Just me and him, lovers, having an intimate weekend, without kids, reconnecting on so many levels and rekindling old flames within our relationship. It does sound nice.

No matter what I end up doing though, be it something for me (girls night), something for everyone (a small get together) or something for us (me and hubby). I am sure it will be a good time.

No comments: