Thursday, September 3, 2009

She Finally Did It!!!

Yes, my Princess finally pooped in the potty. I will spare you the gory details (and I will not post pics, LOL). But she finally did it.

I have been potty training her, on and off, half-assed, since she was around 2. She showed no interest and I wasn't going to force her into potty training... when she's ready, she'll go. I am taking the kid led approach to this difficult task. I will follow her lead. If and when she shows interest, I plant her little booty on the potty and wait and see (after all, potty training is more for the parent than the child right. After all we don't want to be changing diapers forever. But I have yet to see a kid in college wearing diapers so they eventually get the hang of using a toilet, right?).

Well, today she came to me and said she had to go 'caca'. I put her on the potty and gave her a small bribe (I am not ashamed) so she would hang out on the potty for a little while just to make sure she would do something.

Well, it worked. She pooped! I told her to stay on that potty and she was on it for like 10 minutes... and she pooped. She was proud of her accomplishment, though a little grossed out at seeing her poop lying there. I, of course, made a big deal about it. I just don't want this to be the first and last time she poops the potty for long while. I remember Boobie pooped in the potty once around the time he was 2 or so, then didn't use it again until he was almost 3.

In the meantime, I feel like celebrating. I feel like having a party. I just hope this is the beginning of something new... less diaper changes for me, more potty time for her,

No comments: