Saturday, September 26, 2009

Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!

"It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to... you would cry too if it happened to you..."

Ok, I am so NOT crying. Far from it actually. But it is my birthday. I haven't been this excited about my birthday in a long time. Well, last year was exciting because my grandmother was here and she made me an awesome traditional Jamaican meal for my birthday dinner. But somehow, this year is so filled with electricity; I just don't know how to really put it into words. I am all dressed up and ready to go.

This is the last year I'll be in my 20's (I think this is a turning point for me, yet I have not felt younger than I have the past few weeks so I don't FEEL any older). Plus this year, we are relishing in the fruits of hubby's labor. We have a little more padding in the bank so a celebration is not a wish, it's a reality. And though I am not all that into celebrations when it comes to my own birthday (I reserve all that excitement for the kids), this year, I am taking full advantage of all the positives working for me: I am young, my littlest baby is 1, hubby has a good job, life is good, and my birthday fell on a Saturday this year. And it's a beautiful day too.

So I am going to live it up. I deserve it. I rarely get to treat myself. So watch out baby, I'm painting the town red, or blue. And I am fixin' to have a good 'ole time.

No comments: