Saturday, September 19, 2009

These Legs Are Made For Walking

Fatty (I have got to find him a new nickname) is walking.

Ok, not walking walking. But he's taking steps, which is a big deal. He went from being too afraid to even take a step by himself, to now being so excited that he wants to walk.

He's been walking with help for some time but he would never let go. Lately, he's gotten to standing on his own... and loving my reaction, will do it just for kicks.

So he'll stand, look for my reaction with a smile on his face and then plop back down on the floor... but for the first time last night, he actually took his first few steps. I was elated! I had no idea he would try to walk so soon. And I know 1 year old isn't 'soon' (Princess starting walking around 11 months). But I just figured with his fear of walking, he wouldn't be so 'daring' until well after his 1st birthday... maybe even 13 months like Boobie. Well, it happened sooner than I thought. And I am happy about it.

So for your viewing pleasure, here's a clip of my Fatty 'walking'.

****** Argh!!!! Ok, so the video isn't working... you'll just have to take my word for it. I'll have to try and post a video tomorrow.

No comments: